Established during the Centennial Exposition efforts by Joseph Wilson, John A. Wilson and Frederick Thorn, Wilson Bros. & Co. developed an illustrious practice which combined architectural and engineering projects. Although chiefly remembered for their institutional and commercial projects, Wilson Bros. actually designed all building types, including residences, churches, and resort hotels. Reorganized in 1899 to add younger brother Henry W. Wilson, John McArthur Harris and Howard S. Richards, after Joseph Wilson died in 1902, the firm was succeeded by Wilson, Harris & Richards, later to be Harris & Richards.
Sandra L. Tatman.
American Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2023 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2023 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.