[Ballinger Company Exhibition Booth, Com[merical] Museum]
Ballinger Collection, Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Local ID #: 007-P-3598
View more images [3 total]
The Ballinger Company was established in 1920 when Walter F. Ballinger bought out the interests of partner Emile G. Perrot in the firm of Ballinger & Perrot. This firm also continued the firms that had been established in the nineteenth century, Geissinger & Hales and Hales & Ballinger.
The prolific Ballinger Company continued the traditions which Ballinger & Perrot had successfully established: industrial buildings which reflected the engineering side of the firm, plus an array of residential operations, churches, and commercial developments. Over the years it has, of course, changed as new partners have made their impact on both marketing and design.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Links to Other Resources
American Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2022 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2022 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.