Baltimore born, E. Donald Robb was the son of Eliakim Tupper and Mary (Campbell) Robb. He graduated from the Drexel Institute in 1899. He apprenticed in Philadelphia with T. P. Chandler and Cope & Stewardson before moving to New York to work with Cram, Goodhue & Ferguson. From 1911 to 1914 he partnered with Clarence W. Brazer, another Drexel graduate, in the firm of Brazer & Robb but in 1914 returned to Cram & Ferguson. His later firms were Frohman & Robb and Frohman, Robb & Little, the firm responsible for the National Episcopal Cathedral in Washington, DC.
Robb had conducted considerable study of medieval art and architecture, all of which supported his interest in ecclesiastical design.
He was a member of the AIA and of the Boston Society of Architects.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Boston Society of Architects
American Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2023 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2023 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.