Born in Philadelphia to John and Gertrude (Starkey) Pitcairn, Raymond Pitcairn graduated from the Academy of the New Church in 1905 and earned his LL.B. from the University of Pennsylvania in 1908. He was president of the Pitcairn Company, a director of Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company and of Pittsburgh Valve & Fittings Company. He was also architect (at least in part) for the Cathedral of Bryn Athyn Church of the New Jerusalem in Bryn Athyn, PA.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- Union League of Philadelphia
- University of Pennsylvania
American Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2023 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2023 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.