[Cope and Stewardson's Office]
Group photo of Cope & Stewardson Firm
Eugene S. Powers studied architecture at the Pennsylvania Museum and School of Industrial Art and by 1900/01 was a draftsman in an unnamed firm in Woodbury, NJ. His first appearance in Philadelphia city directories occurs in 1912, when he lists himself as an engineer at 316 Walnut Street. He thereafter continues to be listed as an engineer through 1923, when he is president of Eugene S. Powers & Son, construction engineers at 315 South 15th Street. From 1925 through 1930, this company is listed as Eugene S. Powers & Son, architects; but in the 1935/36 Philadelphia city directories, a new affiliation between Eugene S. Powers and H. B. Nicholson, construction engineers, at 1518 Walnut Street is noted.
Sandra L. Tatman.
- Pennsylvania Museum and School of Industrial Art
American Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2023 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2023 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.